A career that will make a difference!
Companion Care is looking for individuals who have compassion and an understanding for assisting others in their daily activities. A majority of our clients are either elderly or recovering from a long-term illness and need our assistance. Services include activities such as cooking, cleaning, transportation to and from appointments, personal care and medication reminders. For a more detailed list of services, please see our services page.
$17.00-$18.50 for HCA/CNA weekdays DOE and Shift
$18.00-$19.50 for HCA/CNA weekends DOE and Shift
$264 -272 Live-in Weekdays for HCA/CNA
$276-$284 Live-in Weekends for HCA/CNA
- Be at least 18 years old
- Have a high school diploma or equivalent
- Pass a Federal background check
- Have at least 1 year of experience caring for the elderly
- Provide 3 professional and 2 personal references
- Be licensed HCA/CNA or complete license training within 120 days
Requirements for this position include:
- Have reliable transportation(and in some cases be able to drive their clients to appointments and run errands)
- Attention to Detail: Able to follow the written Plan of Care as laid out for each client
- Interpersonal Skills: Able to communicate effectively and work well with clients, family and office staff
- Stamina: Able to lift 25 pounds or more
- Medical Benefits for full time employees(30 hours or more per week)
- Flexible Schedules
- Paid weekly
- Direct Deposit
- Travel Compensation
- Sick pay
- Holiday pay
- Referral Program
- Paid Continuation Education
Hourly shifts can vary from a few hours a day to 12-hour shifts. Caregivers can expect to do a variety of tasks during their time with the client. Services can include personal care assistance, cooking, light housekeeping, medication reminders, transportation to appointments. Pay rates are higher on weekends or for short (3hour) shifts starting at $17.50 for HCA or CNA
Overnight shift is defined by a block of 8 hours where the caregiver is available to assist the client at night and get up as often as needed. These shift are paid hourly
Live-in positions consist of 1-3 consecutive days where the caregiver lives with the client to assist them with their day-to-day activities. In addition to hands-on care, the caregiver will do normal household tasks during their day including preparing meals.
Companion Care, inc. is an equal opportunity employer. No person is unlawfully excluded from consideration for employment because of race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, veteran status, marital status or physical challenges.