If you’re looking for a home agency that will provide the best and most affordable services to meet your needs, you need to research the following important features before choosing:
- Agency qualifications: In Washington state, there are certain requirements that agencies have to meet, so it’s important for the health and safety of your loved one that the agency you are looking for can provide you with proof of their license.
- Employee qualifications and screening: For home care staff to ensure your loved one is safe at all times they must be trained so they are fully qualified to act in your loved one’s best interests. In addition, it’s important they are thoroughly screened to ensure they have no criminal history and that their characters are impeccable. This is not only a good employment practice, it also provides an extra level of protection to those in their care who may be especially vulnerable.
- Focus on care: It’s important the home care agency’s priority in is to support their care staff along with their clients . If the staff is supported they have more time to focus on being of compassionate and genuinely care for the client which enables your love to get the most out of their services.
- Cost: Always find out if the cost of the home care services you need whether it is 2-4 hours a day or 24×7 . Some cost can be covered by long term care insurance but other cost may require private funds which does impact the family budget . Asking the agency if they are willing to tailor their services to you and your loved one’s needs –is especially important as each client has unique needs different budgets
Services you should expect from family elder care providers
At Companion Care, we strive to offer you the widest range of elder care assistance – all of which can be tailored to your needs and budget through our care management service. Our services include – but are not limited to:
- Personal care – Bathing, dressing, toileting, etc.
- Running errands and doing shopping.
- Meal planning and preparation.
- Pet care.
- Laundry and light housekeeping.
- Medication reminders.
- Respite care.
- Nurse delegation.
- Transport and assistance for appointments, outings, etc.
- Ambulation assistance.
- Safety supervision.
To find out more about our family elder care services or our home care agency, please contact us today.